Tuesday, July 04, 2006

More Recipes

A couple of quick & easy recipes!

Zucchini Pancakes

I'm not normally a fan of zucchini, but I enjoy these very much!

1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 tbs biscuit, baking mix
3 tbs grated parmesan chhese
1 tbs vegetable oil

--In a bowl, combine all but the oil.
--Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat
--Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls and flatten
--Fry until golden brown; turn and cook the other side

Apple Kielbasa Coins

1 1/2 lbs fully cooked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4 inch slices
1/4 c. apple juice
1/4 c. apple jelly
2 tbs. maple syrup

--In a large skillet, bring sausage and apple juice to boil
--Cover and cook for 5 minutes
--Uncover and cook for 5 minutes longer, drain
--Add jelly and syrup, cook and stir until jelly is melted and sausage is coated

6 Comments:

Blogger Dagoth said...

Hi Hope

I love fresh zucchini, cut thin, dipped in egg and flour, and deep fried. The only things is I eat them while I'm making them, and there arn't any left when I'm done...:)

5:08 PM  
Blogger Hope said...

Sadly--I am not a big fan of veggies in general (sorry Missy) so I have to look for creative ways to get them down!

9:27 PM  
Blogger Spider Girl said...

I remember the Great Zucchini Harvest of '86---people had so many zucchinis they couldn't give them away.

Like everyone else in the neighbourhood we had a bumper crop, so we came up with eight zillion ways to love them--I think my favourite was zucchini latkes, but shredded with hamburger and cheese was also quite good.

10:19 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

I actually had pankcakes today, it has only taken me 3 years to use the mix I bought. They do sound good though.

10:56 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

The apple kielbasa looks yummy but zuchini pancakes...no thank you. I cannot ruin my most favorite breakfast food in the world by adding a vegetable. *Shudder*

6:14 PM  
Blogger Hope said...

I made them as a side dish for pork tenderloin because I agree...vegetables are generally not breakfast foodage!

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home