Sunday, June 25, 2006

Start With A Mix

As I've mentioned before, I really love cooking! I love trying new recipes, experimenting with different combinations and the such, but let's face it, there isn't time to make something such as wild rice and apricot stuffed pork tenderloin every night. At least there isn't in my universe. So......the key is to find quicker dishes, those without a lot of prep that still make a satisying meal.....

Mexican Casserole

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Cheesy Nacho Hamburger Helper
1 pound lean ground beef

Make the Hamburger Helper just like it says on the box.

Then add:

1 15 oz can of black beans, rinsed and drained
1 11 oz can whole kernal corn, drained
1 4 oz can green chilis
1/2 cup salsa (as hot or mild as you would like)
1/2 cup sour cream

Mix well and spread into 9 x 13 pan, top with 1 cup crushed tortilla chips and 1 1/2 cup shredded cheese (I use the mexi blend) and cook for 25 minutes. Then Enjoy!

11 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

Looks like were were blogging about the same time last night. I will try this recipie, sounds good and easy. Those are the best kind at my house!!

9:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Another food lover! xx

4:48 PM  
Blogger Hope said...

Mtnbiker: Yes, good and easy---a food lovers blessing!

Missy: Oh yes...very (too much) so!

6:16 PM  
Blogger Dagoth said...

Hi Hope

Sounds like an excellent recipe. Is it very spicy? I like to eat things like that in the fall and winter when it's much colder around here. I make chili that can keep you warm for three days. At least I think so, I have one ex who wouldn't touch my chili and friends who like things extremely hot who say my chili isn't hot at all. This is welcome though because I have been looking for new recipes...

6:24 PM  
Blogger Hope said...

Dagoth: It can be as hot or as mild as you'd like it. If you want something mild..use a mild or medium salsa....or if you want it spicier (YUM) use a salsa that has some kick to it. You could also use chipotle peppers in place of the green peppers to add some flame. You can get small cans of them in adobe sauce and use the seeds to keep ramping up the heat! Its really what your tongue (and stomach) can withstand!

7:12 PM  
Blogger blackcrag said...

MMm, tex-mex! I like! Will try this soon.

2:33 AM  
Blogger Spider Girl said...

Heh, I NEVER find time to cook apricot-stuffed anything ever. I'm betting my husband didn't marry me for my cooking.

So I appreciate an EASY recipe--thanks. Otherwise its back to salad and pizza pops for me. :)

9:49 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

This was a good one! I made it Monday night. Another recipie to add to my collection!

8:00 AM  
Blogger Hope said...

Blackcrag: You'll have to let me know if you like it!

spider girl: If you try them, let me know what you think. Trust me, quick recipes are golden!

mtnbiker: So the man liked this one???

9:52 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

I can't cook for squat but this doesn't actually look too bad. May have to try it.

3:27 PM  
Blogger Hope said...

Linny: If you do, let me know if you liked it!

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home