Thursday, June 08, 2006

Halt! Who Goes There?

When I first started blogging, thanks to my friend Heidi, I developed a mini obsession with whether or not anyone was actually coming by and visiting. I would check, with nervous anticipation, to see if anyone had dropped by and posted a comment. Hmmmm, not a lot of comments...was anyone coming by? So I added Site Meter so I could at least see if anyone really was coming by. And I found that some people were actually coming by and over time some of them started leaving comments, and some became return visitors and added me as a link on their blog (the ultimate blogging compliment). It brings a smile to my face to drop by my blog and see a new comment, to have the lovely compliments posted to my poetry and to know that some people enjoy the blog enough that they keep coming back! Thanks to all of you who have stopped by, to those who have invited me into your world and who have become part of mine!

The Breakdown:

North America 80%
Europe 15%
South America 3%
Asia 2%

United States 77%
United Kingdom 8%
Netherlands 3%
Canada 2%
Germany 2%
Japan 2%
Greece 1%
France 1%
Costa Rica 1%
Belize 1%
Argentina 1%

How cool is that?

4 Comments:

Blogger blackcrag said...

I check my sitemeter daily. I like to see when my regulars visit, and see if I can match the person to the visit, and see who has stumbled across my blog. I also enjoy watching the lurkers, those cities that continually show up yet don't have corresponding comments.

What can I say? I like to watch who's watching me.

3:14 AM  
Blogger Tenacious T said...

Blogland is the coolest!

11:57 AM  
Blogger Dagoth said...

Hi Hope

Who goes there? Well probably not me if your using a java script counter. I run "No Script" with "Firefox" that blocks peoples Java Scripts that they put on their page (including ones like sitemeter, etc.) so I am probably not showing up on your count. People put way to many Java Scripts on their pages and it really drags my speed down and sometimes crashes my computer when i'm surfing (I hit one page where "No Script" blocked 229 scripts!) I know a lot of people don't like this but I really had no choice. If people would build there pages responsibly I wouldn't have to do this. My computer is much happier now...

12:07 PM  
Blogger Hope said...

So you're out there wrecking my numbers? Just kidding...at least I know that I've had even more visitors!!

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home