Sunday, May 03, 2009

To Boldly Go...

Star Trek. I'm looking forward to seeing the latest entry into the Star Trek universe. It looks much different than anything we've seen so far and may be the better for it. Anyone who knows me might find this a bit odd since I'm normally a purist about such things (if I LOVE an original, chances are I won't see the remake). But maybe that's the beauty of Star Trek. Just like it's science...it's not about what is, but about what could be. It may indeed boldly go where no Star Trek show or movie has ever gone before.

I remember watching reruns of the original show when I was a kid and even though it seemed cheesy even then, it had an undeniable appeal. I was an avid watcher of Next Generation and even dedicated some TV watching time to Deep Space Nine. I could never watch Voyager...I tried, but it just annoyed and grated. I also tried Enterprise. I had great hopes for that show. It was a chance to have a great deal of fun...after all, there had to be some reasons, some really great screw ups that caused them to come up with all those rules (Prime Directive, anyone). It never delivered.

So with high hopes, I will be paying movie theater prices to catch this one on the big screen. I hope it's worth the price of admission!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home