Thursday, April 16, 2009

Random Bits

I continue to be frustrated by the creative dry spell that I've been going through for what seems like forever. I get random bits and pieces that float into my head, but I can never seem to get them shaped into anything. It's really frustrating because I am missing the creative process. And while I'm trying to get more regular with my blogging, it's never been a real avenue for my writing (some poetry aside and I wouldn't mind having something new to offer). And while I do hope to be more regular in posting, I don't really want the blog to be about cultivating my writing. I like the blog as a more relaxed avenue where I'm just ranting, raving or rambling without having to worry too much about content, structure, ideas, progression, imagery or anything else. I want it to be rather worry free.

So, here's some non-creative random bits & pieces:

New TV worth giving a try: The Unusuals. It's not great, but it's got potential.

CD I'm currently in love with: Day & Age by The Killers.

Movie I can't wait to see: Star Trek

Movie I'd never heard of until I saw it on the digital guide and ended up really enjoying: Sunshine

Movie I'd heard of, wanted to see and finally watched and fell in love with: The Inside Man

American Idol: Haven't watched much this year...haven't really found much interesting about the contestants. And Johnny Cash isn't just rolling over in his grave, he's digging his way out for the "unique" version of Ring of Fire. Also, show runover ruined my DVR recording of Fringe....last 5 minutes were missing.

Cat: Thinks the fountain I got for Christmas is his personal watering device...downright demanding about it as well.

Dog: Thinks if you're moving around the house, you should be getting her a treat.

Work: Employed and thankful for it. Try to remind myself not to complain too much in this market.

Economy: All those finanicial geniuses didn't see this coming? Won't be easy to fix and fix won't be pain free.

Not particularly profound...but hey, at least it's a post!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home