Monday, March 02, 2009

A Quick Review

Wow…it really has been a long time since I’ve updated this blog of mine….I didn’t intend it to be so long, it just sort of worked out that way.

2008 Review
The year started off well enough…by March I had managed to lose 18 pounds…I was working out regularly and feeling pretty good about it. I was also horribly addicted to the Nintendo DS that I got for Christmas.


Then came March…..and we undertook a rescue mission for one of our clients that ended up being a life sucking experience. The work days turned out to be 12 to 14 hour ordeals…and almost every day of the week. I know I went one two month stretch where I worked every day. This greatly reduced the amount of time that I had for working out and consequently, I gained back every one of those lovely pounds I had worked so hard to shed…..and now I’m trying again. It seems that it’s harder this time….very frustrating. Wait…let me say it again…VERY FRUSTRATING. It was nearly impossible to not go out to lunch every day….it was a respite…a chance to run away from the building and everything in it. It did not help the weight control, but did a great deal for retaining sanity. We figured life would be painful for a couple of months when we started the mission, but it was MANY months. All things considered, I remind myself of how lucky we were. While so many were getting laid off, we were actually able to hire new people.


The next thing you know…it was October. And by that time, we had managed to make a mess out of our “office”. (Well, one day it’s going to be an office) which made working in there very uncomfortable. On top of that, the laptop is in desperate need of replacing. It has been a good machine…but it nearly 9 years old…so I should be lucky that it starts (of course, it takes FOREVER to start). Every time I turn it on, I wonder if it is going to work this time…and all the number keys don’t always work. So that makes it quite frustrating. However, since the office is still a mess…I won’t replace it. I plan on getting a desktop and since the desk is not really usable at the moment I am unwilling to buy a computer that will just sit in a box until the office is done. I have some great photo software the hubby got me for Christmas one year that won’t load on the laptop. On the other hand, we have a guest bedroom and one of the bathrooms got finished. That leaves the office, the master bath and oh yeah…the leaky basement.


I am sure that there were about a thousand more things that happened last year…but my mind is mushy on all the details (I’m sure some of it I purged on purpose). I had lots of thoughts about blogging…various ideas, thoughts, poems and what not, but never got around to it or felt like fighting the laptop to get posted. I hope that this year will be better in that regard. Wish me luck!

1 Comments:

Blogger blackcrag said...

well, it's great to see you back. I know what you mean about old computers. My last computer, a desktpop, reached that age before I got this laptop.

The old computer gave everything it had, but it couldn't keep up with the bigger and better programs. An memory expansion memory helped a little, if you can see your way to that.

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home