Sunday, August 19, 2007

More Photos

Here are a few more photos from my trip that are among my favorites:


Despite the number of daylight hours, there wasn't a lot of actual sunshine. This picture shows just a hint of the sun playing in the clouds and on the water.

















I'm not sure why I like this picture so much...but I do.

















My friend Thomas said that this picture is downright artistic! If you knew him, you would know what a compliment it is!















I was entranced with all the little islands that dotted the coastline...but this one was most impressive with the little house sitting on it. There are small communities on some shores where the people are completely off the grid...I could never do it, but I admire them for it.
















The clouds almost appear to be catching on fire.


















It's not the clearest of pictures, but I just love the idea of this photo....
















Not everyone likes this antiqued look as much as I do, but I find it romantic.....and so fitting. It calls back the "good ol' days" when we were fearless explorers.


Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Hope! They are really cool images!! Envious!

missy xx

4:10 PM  
Blogger blackcrag said...

Pictures of mountains...i like!

Go figure, eh?

1:22 AM  
Blogger Hope said...

Missy: Thanks! One day I'm going to get me an even better camera! I wish we could go back now.

Blackcrag: I never would have pegged you for a mountain kind of guy! LOL

2:11 PM  
Blogger Starfire said...

Beautiful images- I feel like I'm looking into the dawn of time itself!

8:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Starfire: Thank you! Having seen your work, I feel quite complimented!

10:11 AM  
Blogger Dagoth said...

Hi Hope

I think you caught the essence of some very dark and brooding mountains...

8:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dagoth: I am proud of a couple of these pictures if I may be so immodest as to say so...I think dark & brooding is my speciality

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home