Thursday, June 07, 2007

Nuts!!!!

If you read my post, "The Rundown", you might recall my displeasure over the decision of CBS to cancel one of my favorite shows, Jericho. Ok....I was really pissed off....I even wrote them an email insulting their intelligence (or lack thereof). Oh, if only I had thought of the nuts! After receiving about 50,000 pounds of nuts, CBS has decided to not pull the plug on the show, but order seven more episodes of the show as a mid-season replacement and give it another try. It's kind of funny that it's been reported that Jericho was their most watched show online, which, unless all the other shows are only getting watched about 25 times, should indicate to them some rather significant interest in the show.....but I digress.

If you watched the season finale of the show, you already know about the nuts. If not....indulge me while I catch you up. The finale includes a flashback in which the grandfather of two key characters is relating a story from WWII in which a German commander sends a note over to some trapped American troops asking for their surrender. The American commander sends back a note with a single word: Nuts! Which was an incredibly polite way of telling the German commander to go screw himself. As the finale draws to a close and the little town of Jericho is about to go to war with a neighboring town, the leader of the opposing forces asks Jake (one of the grandsons) to surrender to which he responds, "Nuts". Which was his incredibly nice way of telling the guy to go screw himself. So I guess the 50,000 pounds of nuts were the fans incredibly nice way of telling CBS to go screw themselves.

There's a post on the Jericho message boards on the CBS website announcing their plans to try and "salvage" the show. The P.S. to the message has a very simple request, "Please stop sending us nuts".

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I haven't heard of that show actually...

12:19 PM  
Blogger Sabine said...

Oh yeah, that show is pretty cool. I think I've only seen one or two episodes, but it looked really good.

1:30 PM  
Blogger Dagoth said...

Hi Hope

Sometimes you have to get your point across any way you can...

8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Missy: If you catch the reruns on some time, give it a try.

Sabine: It was really good and I hope that it makes it when it gets another chance.

Dagoth: So very true...I'm just sorry I didn't think of it!

9:38 PM  
Blogger Hope said...

biby cletus: Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed and welcome you back! I think I found most of the blogs I visit regularly by just "next blogging".

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home