Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Tag, I'm it!

Dagoth was kind of enough to "tag" me with a meme despite my long absence from the blogging world! So here are the rules of being tagged by this meme.

* Post a similar post like this one and add a link back to the person who tagged you.
* List 5 reasons why you blog about the things you blog on your blog.
* Choose your 5 tag ‘victims’ and tag them nicely.
* Write a comment on their blog letting them know that you tagged them.

So here are my 5 reasons about why I blog about the things I blog about or why I blog at all:

1) Because I can!

2) I like the informality of the blogging world....well at least a good part of it...there are "famous" blogs out there where people really dedicate a lot of time in getting their blog just right, are speaking for or against something, using it as a vehicle of some sort for something rather important or relevant. For me, the blog generally lets me off the hook for all those things. I can just sit down and write something, anything just so I can be writing but can do without obsessing over exactly how it sounds...is it good prose, etc? I can just vent about something that bothers me without the worry of am I getting it right. There are things on my blog, that I'm very proud of (the poems), but I don't spend endless (read pretty much no) time editing my posts and so on.

3) I like dropping by my favorite blogs and seeing what my blogging friends are up to and I like them dropping by my blog and checking in. It's unlikely that I'll meet most of the people who come by to "see" me (the obvious exceptions are those I already knew who drop on by). But that's okay...they're still my friends. I like the stories and pictures that they share and I miss them when they're absent for a long time. I find it very cool that people from all over the world stop by even when it's just to say hello...or where have you been??

4) I've always liked writing. I don't have nearly enough time to dedicate to writing so blogging gives me an outlet to at least write something. I like being able to just run on about whatever is on my mind and it's satisfying when I do write something that I'm proud of and it's nice when someone stops by and they appreciate it as well.

5) Anyone who knows me, knows that I generally always have something to say...and it's good to have a place and go say it.....whatever it happens to be.

Now, on to the tagging portion of this post:

Angela

Missy

Blackcrag

Heidi

Spider Girl

So there you have it! I hope you enjoyed this small distraction in life!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Dagoth said...

Hi Hope

Just thought I'd help you shake the rust off... I hadn't been blogging very much lately either and I think I was tagged as a wake up call... #1 is a great answer, I think a lot of us blog for a lot of the same reasons... I hope we keep hearing from ya...

8:40 PM  
Blogger Hope said...

Dagoth: Thank you! I was definitely rusty! And it was good to know that I hadn't been forgotten! #1 was my favorite as well!

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home