Saturday, August 25, 2007

Eat This

Crab Lasagna Roll-Ups

2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 c. (16oz) small-curd cottage cheese
1/4 c. grated parmesan cheese
2 tbs. Italian seasoning
2 tbs. minced fresh parsley
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp drield basil
1/4 tsp garlic powder
8 oz imitation crabmeat, flaked
12 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
2 can 8 oze each, tomato sauce

--In a large bowl, combine the eggs, cheeses and seasonings.
--Add crab, mix well.
--Place about 1/3 c. on each noodle, roll up
--Place seam side down in a 13x9x2 baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
--Top with tomato sauce
--Cover and bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes until heated through.

Notes: I added about 8 oz diced tomatoes with oregano/basil to the tomato sauce to ensure that all the noodles were covered and didn't get hard while cooking. Also, this is a fairly lowfat meal, but you can probably trim it down by using low fat cottage cheese (not sure I'd go fat free). If you don't like cottage cheese...don't worry, neither do I but I still really like this recipe. And it goes great with a salad.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Dagoth said...

Hi Hope

This sounds so good that I stopped at the store tonight and picked up the ingredients for it and will try it this weekend. The basic ingredients sounds like they would make good stuffing for manicoti or stuffed shells. Two 8 oz. cans of sauce don't seem like they would be enough to cover it, so I picked up the extra diced tomatoes as well. I did pick up some shredded mozzarella cheese to cover it with, but I promise thats the only change I'm making...

7:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dagoth: I hope that you enjoyed this as much as I did...and I think you're right, you could use this to stuff any type of suitable pasta! I am a firm believer that there is no such thing as toooo much cheese!

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home