Monday, August 07, 2006

Template Trauma

For the last couple of weeks, I have been periodically trying to make changes to my template. If I so much as delete something...the sidebar drops to the bottom. If I try to add something...same thing. If I copy and paste directly over a link with something new...yep, you guessed it....straight to the bottom it goes. I haven't a clue why it's doing that, but it is really getting on my last nerve. I want to make changes!!!!!!!! Anyone else out there so afflicted?

4 Comments:

Blogger Dagoth said...

Hi Hope

I just tried adding a link to mine without any problem. Is it doing this to you when you look at Preview or after you actually post it? I looked at your page source and couldn't find anything. Are the changes you're trying to make all in your sidebar? Between the body tags?

8:25 PM  
Blogger Hope said...

It does it in the preview after I make the changes. They're all in the right place...I even pasted over a sidebar item to see what would happen. Heavy Sigh...technology hates me.

8:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I want to give mine a make-over... I just don't know where to start!!

missy xx

3:16 PM  
Blogger Dagoth said...

Hi Hope

Don't trust the preview, I've found they are not very reliable. You may find if you publish it, everything will come out fine (or it might not)...go for it...you can always reload your template (in case something didn't get copied right) but you will loose any special modifications you have made to it, which is why we back those things up (cut and paste your modifications to a word doc)before we make any major changes...

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home