Thursday, August 24, 2006

The Return

Back from vacation and to the daily grind.................

On the first day of vacation it's like....ah, a whole week to do nothing, to relax and to enjoy. The next thing you know...you're packing up to go home. How does that happen????

The place we stayed was to tacky as Disney is to happy and the mattress sucked so I can't say I got a great deal of rest! But being away from work, my stress level definitely went down!! A few drinks didn't hurt, either! Most days there was no hurry to get up and go do anything. We did La Grande Cirque which required getting up and getting out around 9:00AM. The day trip to Charleston required getting up really early...4:45AM! But it was a good day. Tried a couple of new restaurants and was lazy, lazy, lazy.

Then there's the return to reality....to work. Only 981 unread e-mails awaited along with a proposal response that somehow didn't worked on while I was gone. Yep, the post vacation trauma in full force! Is it time to go on vacation again??

4 Comments:

Blogger Dagoth said...

Hi Hope

Well I'm glad you're back, and it sounds like you had a wonderful vacation even if it ended too soon. So welcome back to reality and your 981 emails. Where is the email fairy to clean those up for you when you need her....

9:10 PM  
Blogger blackcrag said...

Yeah, that seems to go around in office jobs... you leave, and anything you are involved in is shelved until you get back... heaven forbid anyone do any work while you're gone!

I'm glad you had a great time away! Go flaunt your tan at your co-workers in revenge!

4:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Hope! Welcome back!!

I'm back to work, too!

2:21 PM  
Blogger Hope said...

Dagoth: All vacations end too soon! I'm not sure where that (bleep) fairy is, but I sure would like to have a word of prayer with them.

Blackcrag: What really aggravates me about the proposal response is that we had an agreement, a plan to make sure that the job got done in my absence! Sometimes it is a very good thing that some co-workers work in another state.

Missy: I am sad for both of us!!

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home